Saturday, December 31, 2011

Re: django-admin.py startproject will NOT work.

+1

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Bart Nagel <bart@tremby.net> wrote:
At 2011-12-31 18:56:14 -0800, Chris Kavanagh wrote:
> Ok I've had a breakthrough (I guess,lol). I started a command prompt
> from my Python Scripts folder (C:\Python27\Scripts\), typed in "Python
> django-admin.py startproject mysite", and it worked!! I now have the
> "mysite" folder with appropriate subfolders (__init__.py,
> manage.py,settings.py,urls.py).

It still doesn't make sense that it wasn't working before. Did you try
the modified args.py script I sent you?

> Is this working correctly?? Should I have to create Projects in the
> Python Scripts Folder?? Should it work from another (any misc dir)
> dir??

If Python itself and the django-admin.py script were being found
properly (and they were when you were getting the help message), yes,
you should be able to do that from any directory.

> And, can I leave it in the Scripts Folder or should I move it?? If I
> do move it, will that cause other problems??

You should probably move it. It should work anywhere, again, as long
as it can find Python properly.

--bart

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment