Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Error: No module named books

Hi all,

I'm working through the Django book and I've run into an error that wasn't predicted. I've got a project called mysite. I used "python manage.py startapp books" to create an app called books inside of it. I added a few models to the models.py file inside books, then tried to use "python manage.py validate". I got "Error: No module named books" in return. __init__.py is perfectly intact in both the second mysite directory and the books directory. I've added mysite.books to INSTALLED_APPS. All the results I could find searching for this problem deal with someone that's made a spelling mistake somewhere. I've been through my files multiple times, and my spelling is pristine. I figure I'm making an obvious, beginner's mistake - could anyone help?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/5gaeHt1dGtwJ.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment