Friday, August 28, 2020

500 Server Error | Impossible to Fix

Greetings all, 

I finally finished developing a Django website. 

In the terminal I checked: 

> python manage.py check --deploy

There were no errors and the program was ready for deployment. I even ran a:

> python manage.py runserver

There were also no errors on this end. Upon successfully porting the website to Heroku, I unfortunately got a 500 Server Error and then after editing, a 400 Server Error. I resolved the 400 Server Error by returning to the terminal and doing the following:

>python manage.py collectstatic

This resolved the 400 Server Error after pushing the data to the Heroku Master. Sadly, the 500 Server Error remained. I did a bit more research and discovered that 500 Server Errors usually arise from a syntax error in an HTML file or external file. I sifted for hours and did not find a syntax error. 

Could there be an alternative fix to the 500 Server Error that appears on the website? Does anyone know how to fix this? At this point, I feel as though I spent months developing this website for nothing. 

Please help if possible. Thank you! 

- Lightning Bit

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/cbe73ae9-c7c7-41de-95d5-1fab09ffdc17n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment