Monday, August 31, 2020

Error configuring URLs for a beginner

Hi

I am using Django to the first time and followed the tutorial in:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/intro/tutorial01/

I changes the mysite and polls app to different project and app names, and followed the instructions 

I ended up with the following error when I run python manage.py runserver:

File "/home/me/website.com/project/project/urls.py", line 21, in <module>

    path('app/', include('app.urls')),

  ...

    urlconf_module = import_module(urlconf_module)

 ...

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'app.urls'


app is what is created by python3 manage.py startapp app

and project is what is created by python3 venv/bin/django-admin.py startproject project


can you please explain to me how to resolve? I am trying to read through different documentation of URL resolution and tried 

from app import views

or

from app import urls


and did not work. It seems I have a long way to get used to the directory structure and naming convention and appreciate a jump start please


thank you, 


Manal

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f8b13b31-3eac-4bda-88f4-559256b67eafn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment