Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Re: Patreon and Django-AllAuth Integration

The patreon error you're seeing might be a different redirect URL than the login redirect URL. i.e. these may be two different problems.



On October 28, 2020 6:55:48 AM CDT, Andrew Stringfield <thefundeveloper@gmail.com> wrote:
I almost forgot.  I have checked my settings in Django and Patreon and the URL redirect matches for all that I can see.  I have an idea to try and use the testing framework to see what values I am passing to Patreon.

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 7:53:42 AM UTC-4 Andrew Stringfield wrote:
Sorry for the late reply.  I found a youtube video of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TUEM2NCuVE and I followed the instructions as best as I could.  I created a button for a Patreon login and I get the below results:

and in my HTML Body I get: {"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"Mismatching redirect URI.","state":"z5ycBAl8AI5V"}


On Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 9:28:38 AM UTC-4 Ryan Nowakowski wrote:
On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 12:16:03PM -0700, Andrew Stringfield wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to use Patreon's API Version 2 with Django 3.1. I
> read: https://docs.patreon.com/#third-party-libraries and found that
> Patreon supported the django-allauth library. I installed the library by
> following the instructions
> of: https://django-allauth.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html. I
> start up the default dev server and I go
> to http://127.0.0.1:8000/accounts/signup/ and fill out the form and hit
> submit. I get the response of:
> ---------------------
> Page not found (404)Request Method:
> GETRequest URL:
> http://127.0.0.1:8000/accounts/profile/
>
> Using the URLconf defined in mysite.urls, Django tried these URL patterns,
> in this order:
>
> 1. admin/
> 2. accounts/ signup/ [name='account_signup']
> 3. accounts/ login/ [name='account_login']
> 4. accounts/ logout/ [name='account_logout']
> 5. accounts/ password/change/ [name='account_change_password']
> 6. accounts/ password/set/ [name='account_set_password']
> 7. accounts/ inactive/ [name='account_inactive']
> 8. accounts/ email/ [name='account_email']
> 9. accounts/ confirm-email/ [name='account_email_verification_sent']
> 10. accounts/ ^confirm-email/(?P<key>[-:\w]+)/$
> [name='account_confirm_email']
> 11. accounts/ password/reset/ [name='account_reset_password']
> 12. accounts/ password/reset/done/ [name='account_reset_password_done']
> 13. accounts/ ^password/reset/key/(?P<uidb36>[0-9A-Za-z]+)-(?P<key>.+)/$
> [name='account_reset_password_from_key']
> 14. accounts/ password/reset/key/done/
> [name='account_reset_password_from_key_done']
> 15. accounts/ social/
> 16. accounts/ patreon/
>
> The current path, accounts/profile/, didn't match any of these.

That's the default LOGIN_REDIRECT_URL[1]. Explicitly set that in your
settings.py to wherever you want the user to land after login succeeds.

[1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/ref/settings/#login-redirect-url

No comments:

Post a Comment