Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Re: Compatibility List

On 31/12/2020 2:16 pm, Benny M wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a project that's doing a rather sizable jump from 1.11.29 to 3.1.
> I'm aware of the internal gotchas (enforced on_delete, settings syntax, etc) - but I was curious if anyone knows of a package compatibility list exists?
> Something like caniuse but for django-focused packages. Right now I'm just going through the changelogs of the packages used in the project and making an educated guess.

No need to read the changelogs unless something goes badly wrong. Read
the release notes instead.

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/releases/

They cascade down the page all the way to 1.11

Here is the recommended mechanism ...

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/howto/upgrade-version/

Effectively 2.2 is as far as you need to go for the time being because
it is an LTS release. Might make a convenient initial goal. Should be
pain-free.

Cheers

Mike



>
> If one doesn't exist (could be a fun and useful project?) please feel free to mention any gotchas you've found.
>
> Thanks!
> Benny
>


--
Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can
automatically decrypt my signature and be sure it came from me. Just
ask and I'll send it to you. Your email software can handle signing.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d2f171c0-f261-968d-ccb5-7b0bc752df02%40dewhirst.com.au.

No comments:

Post a Comment