Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Re: deployment error : django + pgsql

Hi, Govind,

Did you see this page?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51903606/errors-when-i-try-to-migrate-in-django2

Is that situation similar to yours?

regards,
Arisophy

2020年12月30日水曜日 6:33:13 UTC+9 jayo...@gmail.com:
Initially my webapp was using sqlite and I tried migrate my data to postgresdb by following the same procedure as mentioned in the " Dev post " you just shared with me while I was deploying the webapp on nginx server but it failed with error "unknown field (s) (next_post, previous_post)".

After that I configured my project in postgresdb on my system from begining and added all the data in postgresdb so I could easily deploy my webapp, but when I tried to deploy this time I got the error message which I had posted earlier.
In simple words I'm not able to migrate in my already existing webapp(it's on postgresdb on my local machine too).
Regards,
Govind

On Wed 30 Dec, 2020, 2:39 AM Kasper Laudrup, <lau...@stacktrace.dk> wrote:
Hi Govind,

On 29/12/2020 21.57, Govind Kumar Yadav wrote:
> Like if I am trying to deploy a new project from beginning I am able to
> do that without any error but when I try to deploy my already existing
> project which works fine on my local windows machine with postgresdb it
> fails to migrate the data and pops error that relation "posts_post does
> not exist".

Are you using postgres on Windows or which database are you using? It's
not really clear from what you're writing, but if you're using sqlite,
then this might help:

https://dev.to/coderasha/how-to-migrate-data-from-sqlite-to-postgresql-in-django-182h

It seems like this has nothing to do with the operating system but is
more of a database migration issue?

> Please let me know that if it's possible to deploy a full fledged django
> webapp with al the data prepared on local host using postgresdb on Linux.

It is. You just need to make it clearer what you have done to "prepare
all the data on localhost".

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users...@googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/974e799a-a53d-4ed5-a8e7-c44e7a07eaddn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment