Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Re: LAMPP + Django on Fedora 13 Linux

I think you're maybe a bit confused about what exactly LAMPP provides.

If you're going to use phpmyadmin, you might want to re-think going
for Django in the first place. Django provides a much more tailored
admin interface than phpmyadmin will give you (although the latter is
great for custom SQL, etc.)

Django can use any MySQL DB and providing that when LAMPP starts the
mysql server it will accept connections from the python mysql driver
(and I see no reason for it not to), it should be as simple as making
sure you have the driver installed and specify mysql in the setting
file.

To be honest, I'd throw LAMPP away and install mysql properly (or even
postgres). LAMPP is great for getting started, but I don't think it's
a great idea to mix it with Django.

You will also find that it is not recommended to run python and php
projects together in Apache due to the greatly different memory
profiles.

Euan

On Jun 30, 4:48 pm, jlighthouse <kostya.lightho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have been using Fedora 13 and LAMPP (appachefriends.org) to handle
> up my Joomla php development. I have Eclipse installed with PyDev
> module, django, python installed altogether on my Linux system. I
> would like to use phpmyadmin with Django, actually mysql with Django.
> Thus, considering that mysql is available within the LAMPP server, I
> would like to use it with Django.
>
> As I see, new Django project in Eclipse (database settings.py) does
> not allow to configure mysql of LAMPP with Django.
>
> Please, help me to set this up. Official Django documentation does not
> cover such a work.
>
> Kostia

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment