Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Re: Admin Search Engline

Erm. I'm not sure as I've never done it. Have a read of the source for
contrib.admin. If you can't find what you're looking for let me know.

Euan

On Jun 28, 10:41 am, Massimiliano della Rovere
<massimiliano.dellarov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes that's my idea.
> Can you tell me which class/method in the admin files is responsible
> for the search engine so that I can extend it?
>
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:27, euan.godd...@googlemail.com
>
> <euan.godd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think that would be quite an undertaking as you would need to write
> > an expression parser and monkey around with the search code in admin.
>
> > If you succeed, I'd be interested to see the result.
>
> > Euan
>
> > On Jun 28, 8:36 am, Massimiliano della Rovere
> > <massimiliano.dellarov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I'd like to modify the default search engine in the django admin
> >> interface so that is can search metadata too like values depending on
> >> sql COUNT() using google style prefixes in these cases.
> >> Can somebody help me telling which class/method in the admin files is
> >> responsible for the search engine so that I can extend it?
>
> >> thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment