Monday, January 30, 2012

Question regarding ticket #17062

Hello,

I have been using django 1.3.1 for some months.
I had a long time bug and I finally took some hours to track it.
Sometimes in my admin interface (not the default django one), all the
query based on datetime object have a very strange behavior.
After some research, I ended up with the conclusion that
transaction.rollback puts my postgresql database in the server
timezone, despite TIME_ZONE being set at UTC.

With that information, I found this ticket ( https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/17062
) and this changeset ( https://code.djangoproject.com/changeset/17128
). So apparently it's solved in the trunk.

I'm using some transactions for some really important administration
tasks that modify multiple tables at the same time. I can't change
that, and I really need to solve my query issue.
I'm not authorized to change the timezone of the server (on
webfaction).
Could you help me make this modification working in the 1.3.1 ? I
looked at the file modified in the changeset 17128, but it looks like
it changed a lot between the release and this changeset.
Or would you recommend to install the trunk ? I won't hide that I'm a
bit scarred to put a trunk version on production.
Will it be in the 1.4 ? I wasn't able to tell from the changeset page.

Regards,
Ashe

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment