Monday, January 30, 2012

Re: Question regarding ticket #17062

On Jan 30, 4:54 am, Ramiro Morales <cra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 6:21 AM, Ashe <matthieu....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Could you help me make this modification working in the 1.3.1 ? I
> > looked at the file modified in the changeset 17128, but it looks like
> > it changed a lot between the release and this changeset.
>
> Are you sure?. I've just tried and this is what I've found:
>
> The changes to the tests (tests/regressiontests/backends/tests.py)
> apply cleanly to 1.3.1, patch only reports some fuzz:
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 11 with fuzz 2.
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 230 with fuzz 2.
>
> My copy of GNU patch can't apply the changes to the code itself
> ( django/db/backends/postgresql_psycopg2/base.py)
> presumabily because the lines where the modified code lies
> have changed.
> But of you edit that file side by side with the .diff file from r17128
> you will able to easily transfer the changes, because it is mostly
> composed from deletion of code and moving of a block of code to
> another spot.
>
> Have you actually triedporting the changes of that commit
> to a copy of 1.3.1?
>

I didn't, I was afraid to delete the lines 146 to 164 which are only 6
lines in the changeset (183-187), with no understanding of their exact
meaning.

> > Or would you recommend to install the trunk ? I won't hide that I'm a
> > bit scarred to put a trunk version on production.
> > Will it be in the 1.4 ? I wasn't able to tell from the changeset page.
>
> Yes, it will be in 1.4

Great news, I saw the beta is supposed to be released this week, and
we want to use it. So we'll just wait a little.
How do you see if a changeset is included in a release, I wasn't able
to find the information on the website.

Thank you very much for your answers.

--
Ashe

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment