Monday, January 30, 2012

Re: I need help with Python Tools for Visual Studio 2010 and Django

On 29 January 2012 16:49, JJ Zolper <coding@madtrak.com> wrote:
> Sam,
>
> I have set up VirtualBox with Python and Django. Things have gone
> flawlessly.
>
> Only thing I've noticed is it seems to be running a tad bit slow. I feel
> this way because I had a native installation before and it ran quite well.

Have you installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions? That will, among
other things, optimise your video which should make it feel a lot
faster.

This looks like a good guide for installing it on Ubuntu 11.10 -
http://www.varunvats.com/2011/06/install-virtualbox-guest-additions-for-ubuntu-11-04-guest/

> Before I go too far into writing code I was hoping to "perfect" my
> environment. I want to be able to donate enough resources such as RAM to the
> VM so that it runs well but at the same time maintain a steady local Windows
> boot.
>
> Would you mind helping get me situated?
>
> My Laptop is a Fujitsu Lifebook T5010. A 231 GB HDD with 4 GB RAM. I have
> Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit operating system installed.
>
> The original or current setup for my Ubuntu 11.10 on my VirtualBox system
> is:
>
> Base Memory: 700 MB (RAM? max is 4096)
> Storage: 40 GB (Fixed)
> Video Memory: 12 MB (max is 128)
> Monitor count is 1
>
> Those are all the details I thought might be useful. I would really
> appreciate some guidance as to what you set yours up as or what you think
> might be the best to optimize performance?
>
> As a side note I'm really asking anyone in this thread what their opinion
> is? I plan is to look through this thread and see who else mentioned Linux
> and see if I can get input so I'm ready to go before I dive too deep into my
> development.
>
> Thanks to you and to everyone who has been very patient with me, given me so
> many tips, and stepped me through my setup!
>
> Much appreciation,
>
> JJ Zolper
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django users" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/y689VFsrhDUJ.
>
> To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment