Friday, June 29, 2012

javascript in django template not executed when request is sent via ajax

I have a django template that has some javascript/jQuery code in it
that defines some keyup event handers. If a user goes to the URL
directly the javascript is executed, and the event handers all work
fine. There is also a field that they can type in that triggers the
same URL request to be sent via ajax. When they do this, it seems that
the html is rendered, but the javascript is not executed. I discovered
this by noticing that the page was rendered, but none of the
javascript event handers were being called. I proved this by adding:


<script type="text/javascript">
alert('here we are');
</script>

to the template, and the alert doesn't show when the request comes
from ajax. But if I go to the URL directly it does.

Is this a known issue? Is there some way I can get my javascript code
to run to install my event handlers when the request comes from ajax?

TIA!
-larry

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment