Thursday, June 28, 2012

Re: have an object available in every templates

Well, I was curious to see if it worked with a context processor so I tried and indeed it works. After all it's only returning an object or list of objects in a dictionary. Now I don't know which method is the most efficient.

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:11:37 PM UTC+2, Bastian wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if this is possible or how to do it. I would like to write a sort of context processor where I pass an object to the template. I have always passed strings to these variables. Let's say I have a Book model and in a view I list the latest books I've added to the database. In the corresponding template I will then have an objects list with these objects. But I also want to be able to call a variable containing another list of objects, say my favorite books, without having to pass it explicitly from the view and being able to call it from any template.
Can I do it with context processors, or anything else actually?

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/QvOMOm3cfBEJ.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment