Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Re: Django IRC & sqlite3 .schema

Cheers. I actually worked out the search function after I posted the question and found your answer to the IRC question somewhere else. I looked everywhere for the search function except the giant search bar at the top of the screen =D However, whilst I've now registered with NickServ, I still can't find my way into anywhere where anyone is chatting, or where I can chat myself. If I try to chat I get 'Can't use this command in this window' and I tried some commands which appeared to have potential from http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#webchat with no luck(There was nothing obvious). I got 'Channel modes on #channel are: +imnstf' from one command which may help you figure out where I am..?

As for the sqlite3 question: I've 
django-admin.py startproject mysite; configured mysite/settings.py and python manage.py syncdb. So, I have a sq3.db sqlite3 database in the outer mysite directory:
mysite/
    manage.py
    sq3.db
    mysite/
        __init__.py
        settings.py
        urls.py
        wsgi.py

I've then tried to proceed by following: '
If you're interested, run the command-line client for your database and type \dt (PostgreSQL),SHOW TABLES; (MySQL), or .schema (SQLite) to display the tables Django created.'

I don't know what the command-line client for my database is(I'm using the windows(DOS) 'Command Prompt', but after searching Google I came across the web page '
http://curioushq.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/django-tutorial.html', which says: 
'
So on the command prompt, I type in sqlite3 nameofdbcreated.db and then once inside, type in .schema to create and list the databases.' 

Though, when I enter 'sqlite3 sq3.db' from within either C:\ or my outer mysite folder I get the response: '
sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.'

Of course, I haven't gotten any further than that.

I have wondered if this is because I need to set up a path inside the windows environment variables like I did(though apparently unnecessarily) for Django as a whole.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment