Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Redirect and execute after 2 seconds?

Hi everyone! :)
 
I am working on a project for my studies, it is a web poll where you can only answer yes or no by clicking on buttons.
 
If the user clicked on one button, the result will be saved in a text-file and the user will be redirected to another page with a random id:
 
return HttpResponseRedirect ('/polls/'+str(sid))
 
If the user doesnt click on any button quickly enough, I want the page to redirect them after 3 seconds to another page with a random id AND i want to save the id of the question that wasnt answered.  How can I do it? I searched the web but only found the time.sleep function. As far as I understood, I cant use the sleep function because the site has to do other stuff while the 3 seconds pass.
 
I would be very thankful for any help on this!
 
Kind regards,
 
Maria

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment