Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Custom User and Profile Model

I have created a Custom User Model and a Profile model that is created when a user registers with the site.

I just want some confirmation that my logic is right.

To avoid the error when creating a superuser "Custom users have no profile" I have put the following in my settings.py:
AUTH_PROFILE_MODULE = 'accounts.Profile'

accounts is the name of the app and Profile is the model name.

This works fine and creates a profile in the admin for the superuser. I just need confirmation that this is the correct way to do it.

Thanks in advance

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/f7b13ab7-8da9-4dc1-bada-686b4939317b%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment