Friday, January 31, 2020

Upgrading django from 1.8 to 2.2.0

Hi, 
Im upgrading my django project from 1.8 to 2.2.0. I have done the below changes.

1. Added on_delete to all the Foreign Key fields
2. Changed the url reverse import as from django.urls import reverse
3. Included path/re_path instead of url in all the app's url files.
4. Changed the MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES import in settings files to MIDDLEWARE = {}

I tried to run the server, still it says "TypeError: __init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'on_delete' and it is pointing to /usr2/santhosh/myproject/myapp/migrations/0002_abc.py

What should I do now? Do I need to delete all the migration files and re-run python manage.py migrate or what?? Help me you are aware.

Regards,
Santhosh

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b907f25b-ffd3-462b-b3e9-5d87a20dd942%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment