Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Re: open source advice needed

Hi Kimberly,

I've taken a look at your preschool and school program, SNACS. Early in my teen years, I helped set up [certain state in US] for an educational bounce-back from zero funding to minimal, but the kid's passions returned. Django is a website framework, and I don't think that's what you're looking for if you're aiming for innovation. Or innovative learning.

Even with 300 students, I am skeptical of the model. I, for example, favor large public education, but I do want to hear what SNACS is all about since I would like to help implement some innovative learning strategies that I didn't find possible at a large scale.

But it depends on what your model is since your website never disclosed it. Not to be negative, but it would be helpful to clear things up.

Best regards.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 7:18 PM Kimberly Regan <k8regan@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I have an idea that I pitched and placed 4th at the Harvard Zaentz Early Innovation Challenge. I've been implementing the model at my school for 20+ years., The technology, a learning management system type program, will support the model to streamline procedures in classrooms toward effective and efficient student learning. I'm trying to find out what I need to do to find a developer, what language I use (meaning software specs), and how many people/hours would it take to develop it. I have a doctorate in education, but a newbie in technology development. A friend recommended I post a question to this site. Any ideas out there? 
Thanks so much!
Kimberly

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/540e150c-535b-45dd-a56e-345352bba167%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAJVmkN%3DvXJVurF%3DXN9KUOMiAkeHv_Bd%3D2eTbFLU8xuVjPpaFYg%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment