Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Re: How to intergrate openpyxl with django and using the excel sheet as the database to query data

On 26/01/2021 21.37, Ernest Thuku wrote:
> Yeah that is what I am talking about. I need  to integrate this
> screenshot below in django now. The link name, distance etc to be in  a
> form.
>

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean. You say you want to
import some existing data to a database (a Django model) which I assume
is a one time operation. I don't understand why you talk about
screenshots and forms.

If you really "just" need to import some existing data into a database
usable by Django, then start by mapping the columns from the sheet into
something similar in a Django model and define your model.

I'm sure someone can be a lot more helpful than me with that. I'm mostly
trying to get you to describe what it actually is you want to achieve
and what issues you're having since I don't think you've described that
very clearly so far making it hard for anyone to help you.

Best of luck.

Kasper Laudrup

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/60b224c9-7ad4-430a-d2d4-542ef3d4409a%40stacktrace.dk.

No comments:

Post a Comment