Thursday, September 30, 2010

Re: Can you make a subclass of a model just to alter behavior?

El 30/09/10 15:57, orokusaki escribió:
> I'm looking to do the opposite of what Django's proxy model does. I
> want to subclass Model, add some extra methods to it, add behavior to
> save(), set a default manager that adds some my-application-specific
> methods, and then subclass that to create most of the models in my
> application. Is this possible?
>

Hmm.. I can't think of any caveats off the top of my head. Did you try that?
The only thing that smells a little like trouble to me is setting a
default manager.

--
Gonzalo Delgado <gonzalodel@gmail.com>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment