Thursday, September 30, 2010

Re: Full Text Search



On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Alessandro Ronchi <alessandro.ronchi@soasi.com> wrote:
Is there any way to make a FULL TEXT search not in BOOLEAN MODE?
I've found only
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.1/ref/models/querysets/#search

It says it uses BOOLEAN MODE as a default, but doesn't tell how to
avoid default..

Um, I hate to do this, but for the moment, I'm going to tell you "yes" - but I can't remember how right now.  Been awake for 30 hours and waiting for a plane to take me home!  Did a demo today for a big client, involving Django/MySQL full text and parametric search and they loved it... so it's on my mind.  If you don't get a real answer by tomorrow afternoon, I may be conscious again then.  You have to use one of the alternative approaches to search, as I recall.  Brain is mush, though.

Nick 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment