Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Re: UnicodeEncodeError

Hi,

You should check that your file is actually utf-8 encoded and add the folliwing right after shebang:
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

Le 29/09/2010 18:59, jean polo a écrit :
Hi. I get an 'UnicodeEncodeError' if I upload a file (ImageField) with non- ascii chars in my application (django-1.2.1).  I added:  export LANG='en_US.UTF-8' export LC_ALL='en_US.UTF-8'  in my /etc/apache2/envvars as stated here: http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/modpython/#if-you-get-a-unicodeencodeerror  but I still have the same error (after restarting apache). Any hint much appreciated.  cheers, _y  ps:  Traceback (most recent call last): [snip]   File "/usr/languages/python/2.6/lib/python2.6/genericpath.py", line 18, in exists     st = os.stat(path)  UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe7' in position 53: ordinal not in range(128)  

No comments:

Post a Comment