Wednesday, September 29, 2010

UnicodeEncodeError

Hi.
I get an 'UnicodeEncodeError' if I upload a file (ImageField) with non-
ascii chars in my application (django-1.2.1).

I added:

export LANG='en_US.UTF-8'
export LC_ALL='en_US.UTF-8'

in my /etc/apache2/envvars as stated here:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/modpython/#if-you-get-a-unicodeencodeerror

but I still have the same error (after restarting apache).
Any hint much appreciated.

cheers,
_y

ps:

Traceback (most recent call last):
[snip]
File "/usr/languages/python/2.6/lib/python2.6/genericpath.py", line
18, in exists
st = os.stat(path)

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe7' in
position 53: ordinal not in range(128)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment