Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Re: UnicodeEncodeError

On Sep 29, 9:42 pm, werefr0g <weref...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>   Isn't the filename a string?
>
> It may not be the solution but I think you should try them at least
> since they are very quick to apply. As I saw something implying os
> module I thought that before Django handles the string, it must encode
> by os module.

thanks for your help werefr0g but this happens in a normal admin page
(i.e. not a personified one).
I do have # -*- coding: utf-8 -*- in all my files though...

> I found that using previously written steps and explicitly set encoding
> with "codecs" module while working with text files got rid of my
> problems encontered with unicode. The fact is that at different levels,
> there are assumptions on the encoding used while executing it and using
> utf-8 doesn't make you application work with unicode objects at all
> levels. When those problem arise, one of the three solutions always end
> it in my very short python existence.
>
> Regards

what do you mean ? which three solutions ?
(sorry if I miss the obvious here)

cheers,
_y

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment