Monday, October 29, 2012

Re: 1.5: syntax of AUTH_USER_MODEL

Thanks, yup! I just figured it out too. I didn't realize all the "apps" are in the path as well.

Anil



On Monday, October 29, 2012 7:52:45 AM UTC-7, Tom Christie wrote:
You don't mention 'app1.MyUser', which is what I think it should be.

On Monday, 29 October 2012 14:50:15 UTC, Anil wrote:
I have the following filesystem structure:

project
project/app1
project/app1/models.py <--- class MyUser(AbstractBaseUser)
project/project
project/project/settings.py
project/project/urls.py
...

I set my AUTH_USER_MODEL to 'project.app1.models.MyUser', I get error:

auth.user: AUTH_USER_MODEL is not of the form 'app_label.app_name'.

I tried also doing something like '..app1.models.MyUser', but that didn't work either or simply 'project.MyUser'. None of these are working.
In the settings.py file, is my model in the path? How do I reference it?

Thanks



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/acWwtT4R3nUJ.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment