Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Re: Scaling django (nginx + apache + mod_wsgi + postgresql)

Hi there,

maybe you're right, but I'm not really worried about RAM footprint, or
resources consumption. I'm concerned now on architecture, setting a
right scalable system, and a right cluster of systems, without lacks of
communications between them.

Underlaying technologies can be easily replaced (say apache-mod_wsgi for
gunicorn or uwsgi), and some performance improvements can be made, but
this is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the tools to generate
a robust system, balancing requests through several systems, and
allowing increase the size of this system (adding more servers) without
trouble.

Cheers,

Isaac

On 10/29/2012 05:18 PM, Some Developer wrote:
> On 29/10/2012 16:03, Isaac XXX wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> thank you for response Tom.
>>
>> Actually, I've a complete idea at how to build this system, but I
>> lack the exact information about how to join systems, and what I was
>> looking for was a source of cohesive information on all systems. At
>> least, when I finish to build that system, I will write this tutorial.
>>
>> For someone who can help me, I will describe here what I thought it
>> can be this structure:
>>
>> - 1 nginx, as a reverse proxy on frontend, serving static/media and
>> redirecting content to apache clusters
>> - n apache servers, with mod_wsgi, serving dynamic data
>> - m postgresql servers, in a master-slave flavour
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Isaac
>
> Why not just ditch Apache entirely and just use Nginx for serving all
> media (both static and dynamic)? You can then save quite a few
> resources as you only need to run one HTTP server rather than two.
>
> Using Nginx to serve Django content works well. Just serve your Django
> application via FastCGI or uWSGI and you'll significantly simplify
> your configuration and reduce RAM usage on your servers as well.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment