Monday, October 29, 2012

Re: Scaling django (nginx + apache + mod_wsgi + postgresql)

On 29/10/2012 16:03, Isaac XXX wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> thank you for response Tom.
>
> Actually, I've a complete idea at how to build this system, but I lack
> the exact information about how to join systems, and what I was
> looking for was a source of cohesive information on all systems. At
> least, when I finish to build that system, I will write this tutorial.
>
> For someone who can help me, I will describe here what I thought it
> can be this structure:
>
> - 1 nginx, as a reverse proxy on frontend, serving static/media and
> redirecting content to apache clusters
> - n apache servers, with mod_wsgi, serving dynamic data
> - m postgresql servers, in a master-slave flavour
>
> Cheers,
>
> Isaac

Why not just ditch Apache entirely and just use Nginx for serving all
media (both static and dynamic)? You can then save quite a few resources
as you only need to run one HTTP server rather than two.

Using Nginx to serve Django content works well. Just serve your Django
application via FastCGI or uWSGI and you'll significantly simplify your
configuration and reduce RAM usage on your servers as well.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment