Monday, October 29, 2012

Re: Database setup

I wish I could help as well, but I just started with the tutorial (HERE), and I am not following the Database Setup either.  Perhaps someone who is more familiar with it could explain it in layman's terms for a noob like myself?

On Monday, October 29, 2012 1:40:01 AM UTC-7, Markus Christen wrote:
Good Morning
First i made an odbc connect liek this:
 
---------------------------------------------------------
import pyodbc
cnxn = pyodbc.connect('DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=MAURITIUS;DATABASE=baan5c;UID=***;PWD=*****')
cursor = cnxn.cursor()
cursor.execute("SELECT x.t_name, y.t_mail FROM tttaad200000 as x, tttcmf200000 as y WHERE (x.t_name = y.t_name) AND (x.t_user = 'muster')")
row = cursor.fetchall()
if row:
 print row
--------------------------------------------------------
This gave me out the correct data (name + e-mail) from a user.
I tryed now to use this database in the Admin site, but i'm to stupid to implements this correct into the Database Setup.
The server is not on my computer, it is in the same LAN
 
Can someone help me please?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/bzVq0jZqI4oJ.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment