Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Re: Scaling django (nginx + apache + mod_wsgi + postgresql)

Hi Tom,

you're right, I was not really explicit about what were my lacks of
information. Right now, the following points are the ones I can't found
a howto for the desired deployment:

- Create a master-slave system on postgresql, maintaining all systems up
to date, distributing reads, and centralizing writes
- How to configure a cluster of reverse proxies (a single reverse proxy
can not be enought, and I need to plan to deploy more than 1 load balancers)

The rest (configure apache with mod_wsgit, configure nginx to serve
static content and so on), is now solved on my current deployments, so
it should not be a problem on a distributed environment.

Cheers,

Isaac

On 10/29/2012 05:23 PM, Tom Evans wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Isaac XXX <vyrphan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> thank you for response Tom.
>>
>> Actually, I've a complete idea at how to build this system, but I lack the
>> exact information about how to join systems, and what I was looking for was
>> a source of cohesive information on all systems. At least, when I finish to
>> build that system, I will write this tutorial.
>>
>> For someone who can help me, I will describe here what I thought it can be
>> this structure:
>>
>> - 1 nginx, as a reverse proxy on frontend, serving static/media and
>> redirecting content to apache clusters
>> - n apache servers, with mod_wsgi, serving dynamic data
>> - m postgresql servers, in a master-slave flavour
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Isaac
>>
> I'm confused about what you are confused about - you seem to grasp
> precisely what is required.
>
> IE, which of the following Qs are you stuck at:
>
> How to configure nginx to reverse proxy and balance to other http servers?
> How to configure apache, mod_wsgi and django?
> How to configure pgsql in a master/multiple slave environment?
> How to configure django to issue write requests to the write master,
> and distribute reads to read-only slaves?
>
>
> Cheers
>
> Tom
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment