Sunday, April 28, 2013

Admin module - modify SQL Query used for Edit and Save Models

I have a model where I have used AES_ENCRYPT(value, key) to save data in a MySQL database.  It is set as a varbinary field.

So the issue is; when trying to edit the model in Django, it does not render a widget for the field.

I've tried the aesfield from github but that does some funky thing with HEX and tagging the type of encryption used.  Not what I want, as the database already has 8300 records and other applications that access it using queries like
select field1, field2, AES_DECRYPT(field3, 'key') from ...

So I can't change how the data is stored or I'll break the other applications.

How can I setup customer "SELECT' and "SAVE" (insert, update), queries for a model in django?
Or am I stuck creating my own form and processing and related CRUD operations for this Model?

Thanks,

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment