Sunday, March 27, 2016

Re: Generate different querysets depending of the website language

Thanks for the tips about the translation module, in my case, I think it would be better to keep managing it the way I do as each models have complex relation with other models that are only bound to a specific language of the model (Like tags, comments, steps (This is about recipes), etc.
I also suppose that would break stuff like Reversion or Haystack (I prefer to keep my models as simple and standard as possible).

The weird thing is that, when I switch to a language, everything work fine, except dynamic queryset, exemple :
I go to "/en/r/" (The main recipe list), I expect to only see the english recipes, but I get the Spanish ones in all cases (This is the default language), but I can see that everything else is translated correctly to english, and the HTTP header response tell me the page is in English, so I think the problem is really in my queryset, why is it always selecting the default language just for the queryset when everything else is translated correctly ?

Thanks.
Mathieu

On Sunday, 27 March 2016 04:49:20 UTC+2, Daniel Chimeno wrote:
Hello,

If you are able to change the schema I would suggest you to use modeltranslation [https://github.com/deschler/django-modeltranslation],
also the source code of that app can help you in order to take an specific approach to your project.

About the URL's, if you use i18urls, it has priority over the http headers [https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/topics/i18n/translation/#module-django.conf.urls.i18n] (Not confirmed, but was true last time I checked it)


Hope it helps.

El sábado, 26 de marzo de 2016, 20:43:09 (UTC+1), Mathieu Poussin escribió:
Hello,

I have an issue, I am creating a website that will be available in many languages, sharing the same database.
Most models have a "language" attribute that is the 2 letters from the language code (en, es, fr, etc.).

I am trying to find a way to show the correct content per language.

I tried many things, creating a custom manager :

from django.utils.translation import get_language, get_language_info
from django.db import models

class PerLanguageManager(models.Manager):
    def get_queryset(self):
        if get_language():
            return super(PerLanguageManager, self).get_queryset().filter(
                language=get_language_info(get_language())['code'])
        else:
            return super(PerLanguageManager, self).get_queryset()


Or overriding get_queryset using another method : (The language is always present in the url as /en/ or /es/) 

class RecipeIndexView(generic.ListView):
    paginate_by = 10

    def get_queryset(self):
        return Recipe.objects.filter(language=get_language_from_request(self.request, check_path=False))

But nothing work, I always get the default configured language (even if with the debug toolbar tell me the site is in another language, and all the translations are correctly done in the language specified in the URL, I always get the default language from the queries...)

I'm using a specific middleware to ignore the language specified in the browser to only use the language specified in the URL :
class ForceDefaultLanguageMiddleware(object):
    """
    Ignore Accept-Language HTTP headers

    This will force the I18N machinery to always choose settings.LANGUAGE_CODE
    as the default initial language, unless another one is set via sessions or cookies

    Should be installed *before* any middleware that checks request.META['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'],
    namely django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware
    """
    def process_request(self, request):
        if 'HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE' in request.META:
            del request.META['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE']


Any idea of how to make this work ? What is the good way to do this ?

Thank you.
Mathieu

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/dbb9dff6-c89b-40ca-9277-f6f24938eaa3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment