Monday, October 31, 2022

Re: my project doesnt insert into the database

it just hang, doesnt crash nor raise any errors or exceptions, I even tried to cover it up in a try block but it did not return an error.

Em sábado, 29 de outubro de 2022 às 08:38:04 UTC-4, Ryan Nowakowski escreveu:
When it gets stuck, does it crash and return a traceback or just hang?


On October 28, 2022 9:16:41 AM CDT, "Otávio Augusto" <tavii...@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings, I'm doing a integration projection, so I need to consume data from a RESTful API and then save that data inside a oracle db. My models migrated and succesfully created the tables, I was able to get the data from the API and parse trough it to filter the info I wanted and needed to save normally, then I first used 'objects.update_or_create' to populate my table, initially it seemed to work but after some time it got stuck and stopped inserting data into the table, I tried to switch to simply 'objects.create' but it didnt work. I dont seem to find the issue that is holding the insertion in place and decided to seek for help.

For illustration, this is how I builted the code block that is getting stuck:
for item in value_list['itens']:
     print(item)
     Item.objects.using('default').create(
              nature=item['nature'],
              date=item['date'],
              doc_number=item['doc_number'],
              name=item['name'],
              description=item['description']
    )

I even added .save(force_insert=True) to try and brute force the insertion on the table but no avail. Need help!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/98413279-103c-40a9-bb1a-6f26aa9dfe83n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment