Thursday, July 29, 2010

Re: How to access a MySQL table in Django?

Whenever I have to pull data from legacy databases, I use './manage.py
inspectdb > models.py'. That will dump models for the database. Then I
rename the models to make more sense, and use the orm to get my data.

Alex

On Jul 28, 12:58 pm, snipinben <benjamin.calderon1...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I have the python-mysqldb installed already and i have  django up and
> running. when i installed the python-mysqldb i had to hack the code kind of
> so that it didnt check if the versions were the same so that it would work.
> I got this idea from online. but anyways, I am wondering how to access
> records that were already in the database before I started the project. i
> know how to access records from data that i inserted through tables in the
> models.py file. but i have no idea how to access them straight from the
> database itself. please give me any info you got. thanks
> --
> View this message in context:http://old.nabble.com/How-to-access-a-MySQL-table-in-Django--tp292893...
> Sent from the django-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment