Saturday, July 31, 2010

Re: Which program will run when we execute "djano-admin.py startproject mysite" command?

Yah... I tried it by adding python in the command line. But I couldn't
get the actual result. Could you people can give a gist of what
happens when we type "django-admin.py startproject mysite" i.e., which
program will run when we type that and press return key.


On Aug 1, 12:41 am, "Casey S. Greene" <csgre...@princeton.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not a windows user but I'm guessing that you want to use the python
> executable (see if you can find something called "python".
> Alternatively, what if you run it with:
>
> python django-admin.py startproject mysite
>
> Hope this helps,
> -- Casey
>
> On 07/31/2010 03:12 PM, balu wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody
>
> > I installed python and django in my Windows 7 home premium operating
> > system. But when I tried to execute "django-admin.py startproject
> > mysite" command in it, the Operating system is asking me to choose the
> > program to run this application. But this is not happened when I tried
> > this in Windows XP.
>
> > Please guide me to solve this. Is Windows 7 is incompatible with this
> > command ??
>
> > Looking forward for answer
>
> > thank you

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment