Saturday, July 31, 2010

Re: Which program will run when we execute "djano-admin.py startproject mysite" command?

It runs django-admin.py using the python interpreter.

Maybe this webpage, or a windows user on this list, will have the answer:
http://docs.python.org/faq/windows.html

Hope this helps,
-- Casey

On 07/31/2010 03:57 PM, balu wrote:
> Yah... I tried it by adding python in the command line. But I couldn't
> get the actual result. Could you people can give a gist of what
> happens when we type "django-admin.py startproject mysite" i.e., which
> program will run when we type that and press return key.
>
>
> On Aug 1, 12:41 am, "Casey S. Greene"<csgre...@princeton.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not a windows user but I'm guessing that you want to use the python
>> executable (see if you can find something called "python".
>> Alternatively, what if you run it with:
>>
>> python django-admin.py startproject mysite
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> -- Casey
>>
>> On 07/31/2010 03:12 PM, balu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everybody
>>
>>> I installed python and django in my Windows 7 home premium operating
>>> system. But when I tried to execute "django-admin.py startproject
>>> mysite" command in it, the Operating system is asking me to choose the
>>> program to run this application. But this is not happened when I tried
>>> this in Windows XP.
>>
>>> Please guide me to solve this. Is Windows 7 is incompatible with this
>>> command ??
>>
>>> Looking forward for answer
>>
>>> thank you
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment