Thursday, June 30, 2011

db shardning

Hi,
I have recently came to the point when I need to use more then one DB in my usecase.
I had to deal with storing and getting data from multiple DB, based on how old the data is.
I have an archive database to store all logs and data from models to which access will be occasionally.

My application has a customer and contract list, which one per year became obsolete, because of season ends.
Then I move those data to an archive db. However once a while I need to get those data.

Usecase:
DB shardnig would be a great use for me, to save models to DB based on season selected from list (I have a model for that).
If contract belongs to season 2010-2011, save to contracts_2010-2011, else save to contracts_2011-2012.
There is a large number of those contracts (and some of them will not be needed, in next year), therefore having those in one db (counting logs, payments, and django_admin actions and history) is a bad idea.

logs, actions and contracts could be stored in db, based on selection of season.


I hope this description would direct you on what I mean by this question.
Could MultiDB https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/db/multi-db/ an answer to my question?

--
Matt Harasymczuk

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/VAUGN1Ix1okJ.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment