Monday, October 29, 2012

Scaling django (nginx + apache + mod_wsgi + postgresql)

Hi folks,

I'm developing a new application that should get high traffic. Right
now, I've other projects with the follow architecture:

Nginx on front: serving static content and redirecting to apache for
dynamic data
Apache+mod_wsgi: serving dynamic pages
PostgreSQL: backend for data storage (RDBM)
Memcache: for caching purposes :)

All my deployments use a single server, with single frontend/backend (1
nginx, 1 apache, 1 postgresql). The requirements for this new project
are really large, and I think I will need to scale all system. Can
anyone suggest me an all-in-one tutorial, discussing the main points on
scale a system?

I know there are different alternatives for DB (master-slave,
clustering...), nginx can serve as a reverse proxy or not... and I need
to merge all this information in a single scalable system, but I can't
find an unified source of information.

Can anyone help me on it?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment