Saturday, September 28, 2013

Re: CMS base to start with?


Hey Anton,

From my experience if it's a 2 year project you're building don't use a CMS. Start with a plain Django project and then add apps you need. All these CMSs will just lock you in and become more of a hinderance then help. 

I also recommend building your own admin before you invest too much time into customising the default admin. 

Certainly very wise advice. I guess my problem is that I wanted to have a solid guide for overall project structure (not having done a major project in Django before), something which a good CMS can often provide. That and some first versions of apps so we can start with something and evolve. It's definitely the lock-in that I'm looking to minimise though... FeinCMS seems to be the project that puts itself across as what I'm looking for - a solid skeleton that doesn't assume too much. I'll look more into that.
Thanks for your insight,
A

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment