Saturday, September 28, 2013

Re: Static files configuration


On 2013-09-28, at 4:58 PM, Tom Lockhart <tlockhart1976@gmail.com> wrote:


On 2013-09-28, at 4:21 PM, Jason S <serrix@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Tom,
I had a pretty painful install experience over a few weeks and had sudo'd a command I shouldn't have when doing the GAE install. 
After that experience i'd thought it'd be a pain to sort it out but i've just chown'd the project directory and the /tmp/dev_appserver.searchindexes (after making a backup) and its fine.

Also your right I have recently added django.contrib.staticfiles to my INSTALLED_APPS list, so that may well be it.

So i'm able to start the dev server as a standard user now and have my static content for my project served from [project]/templates/static/ but managed to break the admin css in the process.

I'm pretty sure mine is getting picked up after running "python manage.py collect_static" since that css lives somewhere in your installed python code.

Whoops. There is no underscore in the command. Sorry about that.

                - Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment