Monday, September 30, 2013

Re: Multiple versions of Django

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013, Jasvir Singh wrote:

> Is it possible to install multiple versions of Django on single ubuntu server.
> If yes, please tell me how to do this.
@all, thanks for their help but my requirement is to use multiple
versions of django on single server. I have to use it apache web server.
Here is the full scene.
I have django 1.4.2 installed on ubuntu server which uses apache.
There are several django based applications installed on it. All of
them are working on django 1.4.2 . But recently I have developed an
another application using django 1.5.2. Now I have to install that
application on server, but problem is that, I can not remove django
1.4.2 from server. For this purpose, I have tried virtual environment
using steps given in following link:
http://serverfault.com/questions/413879/how-can-i-run-two-django-versions-in-the-same-server

But when I wish to use to application, I have to switch on virtual
environment and start then django server. I want that app to run without
using django server.
Hope that I am able to explain the problem. If there is any confusion, please ask.


--
Jasvir Singh Grewal
Blog: jasvirsinghgrewal91.wordpress.com

:
####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : To randomly play mp3 songs from a directory LOST #243

mpg123 -z /path/to/mp3s/*.mp3
This will randomly play mp3 songs from the specified folder.

####[ajitabhpandey (at) users.sourceforge.net]################
:

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/20131001031536.GA9891%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment