Sunday, September 29, 2013

Re: new django template

ok, this seems to load the contact template now, but why does it try to find name.html rather than contact.html? Where does this name.html file come from? no other page seems to depend on it to open. 

Thanks for the help




On Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:10:54 PM UTC-4, +Emmanuel wrote:
From the error message, there should be a template named 'name.html' under the folder '/en/contact' which should be under the templates folder. Create a folder 'en' within the templates folder. Then create another folder 'contact' within the 'en' folder. Put your 'name.html' file in the 'contact' folder. That should work.

On Friday, September 27, 2013 6:03:40 PM UTC+3, Frédéric Bouin wrote:

I am trying to edit some things in django and am running into a few problems as I am quite new to it.

I am working off an existing django configuration with templates that currently work, but I don't really understand how to create new templates. If I create a new .html file in my templates folder in "myprojects" and then declare the new template under cms_templates = (...) in settings.py nothing happens. Am I missing a step to get the template to upload and appear in my cms?

I also had a problem with an existing template, when I try to go to the contact page I am told that the template does not exist: http://paul.evansoderberg.com/en/contact/
The template is declared under "cms_templates", the file exists in the templates folder, and the page is created in django cms, yet I get this error message.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment