Thursday, March 31, 2011

Re: Need help: request.POST.copy() ?

Hi hank23
request.POST would be immutable.

"QueryDict instances are immutable, unless you create a copy() of
them. That means you can't change attributes of request.POST and
request.GET directly."

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/request-response/


So I'm
> wondering if there is something else going on or if this problem is
> some kind of side effect of using request.POST.copy()?

I dont know what you mean by side-effect.

I copy/instantiate querydicts all the time never had any problems.
Dont forget if you can use python to clone objects :)

cheers

sam_W


On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:48 AM, hank23 <hversemann@stchas.edu> wrote:
> I need to know when I can or should use request.POST.copy() when
> processing screens, as opposed to when not to use it. I've used it
> some, on one screen in particular, which seems to work fine for
> displaying the data that I want to display, when I put the data on the
> screen programatically from within a view. However when I try to alter
> the data manually by keying it in from my keyboard, or selecting an
> option from a dropdown, nothing seems to show up changed the next time
> that submit the form to the view and look at the data posted. So I'm
> wondering if there is something else going on or if this problem is
> some kind of side effect of using request.POST.copy()?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment