Monday, August 1, 2011

Re: Django User (auth) question

On Aug 1, 7:28 am, James DeMichele <james.demich...@redfin.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about tweaking the django.contrib.auth.models.User class.
> I noticed that Django doesn't allow for overriding of attributes of "Field"
> instances, such as "email" or "first name". Yet, I'd like to my email and
> first name fields to be required and I'd also like to have my email Field be
> unique. What is the recommended way to achieve this?

Unless you want to add this as database-level constraints (in which
case you have few choices except forking contrib.auth), the obvious
solution is to provide your own forms (front-end and/or admin) and add
the desired checks / validations there.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment