Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Re: Error was: No module named io

Let me make a couple of suggestions stemming from my experience:

1. Develop on the same exact version of python that you have installed
on your production server. These kinds of backwards incompatible
changes have bitten me more than once. This should be true for any
language you develop in. You want to mirror the production environment
as closely as possible. Your web host may even be willing to provide a
virtual machine image that exactly replicates the environment they
install on their servers.

2. Working with io streams was not new functionality in 2.6. The io
documentation itself (http://docs.python.org/library/io.html) says
that it is a replacement for the built-in file object (http://
docs.python.org/library/functions.html#file), which you most certainly
can use in Python 2.5.

Hope that helps! :-)

-Mark


On Aug 27, 8:59 pm, CrabbyPete <pete.do...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I developed my code with python 2.6 and django 1.3. Now that I am
> deploying it on a dreamhost server the python is version 2.5 and I get
> the error above. Is there a work around. Do I need to upgrade python?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment