Monday, February 27, 2012

Re: Getting Started with Mac OS X

I've never used mac OS but try:
python django-admin.py startproject mysite

On 2/28/12, JChlipala <jason.chlipala@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a Django beginner, and am trying to get Django set up in Mac OS
> X. I am going through the tutorial, but getting stuck very early
> (essentially at the beginning). I have installed Python and Django.
> The next instruction is to enter the command "django-admin.py
> startproject mysite". When I do this, I get the following error:
>
> File "<stdin>", line 1
> django-admin.py startproject mysite
> ^
>
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> Does anybody know why I am getting this error? The tutorial has a
> note for Mac OS X users explaining what to do if you get a "permission
> denied" error, but that is obviously not what is happening to me.
>
> Thank you for any help!
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.
>
>

--
Sent from my mobile device

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment