Monday, February 27, 2012

Using RequireJS with Django

Hi django-users,

I'm working on a django project with a quickly growing javascript
front-end using backbone. The backbone application has grown to the
point where it needs to be split into modules across multiple files.
I'm looking into RequireJS to do that.

I've done some research on how to best use require in django, but
haven't found much. My first stab at this is probably going to be
more or less: Take the single javascript file I have now, break it
into AMD modules in a sub-directory of the static directory the single
file is in, set up require's minification stuff to put the minified
javascript there in another sub-directory the same static directory,
then set up templates to conditionally include the source/minified
javascript for development/production. Then I'll figure out some
mechanism to run the minification stuff on the server during
deployment.

So, what I'm looking for is wisdom related to carrying out that
process and maintaining it. Has anyone set up require in a django
project before, and have any tips to share? I'd love to hear them!

Thanks
john

--
john p. kiffmeyer

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment