Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Re: Going crazy with WSGI

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:58 AM, atlastorm <aysand@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now I'm practicing Django by running the Django server
> (manage.py runserver) and everything works. Apache also runs but I
> have no clue what its doing.

nothing.

the Django development server (the one that runs with the runserver
command) is an intentionally-limited web server. you don't need
Apache for development. but this server will absolutely not be
appropriate for real world serving, no matter how light the load.

> If I close the Django server, how do I
> run my application? If I save a django.wsgi file in mysite/apache/
> django.wsgi will things happen automatically?

you need the mod_wsgi docs for that. the Django page about deployment
in mod_wsgi should be enough to get you running in the simplest case.


> When I practiced CGI with python, I had to import the cgi module and
> use that to get the inputs from an html form. Do I have to do
> something similar with Django?

no. Django manages everything between WSGI and your apps. you
shouldn't need any extra Python code besides what you run under the
development server. in fact, the development server uses WSGI too,
so if your code already runs there, it should also run on
Apache/mod_wsgi once you get that configured.


--
Javier

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment