Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Re: Getting Started with Mac OS X

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 12:36 AM, JChlipala <jason.chlipala@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a Django beginner, and am trying to get Django set up in Mac OS
> X.  I am going through the tutorial, but getting stuck very early
> (essentially at the beginning).  I have installed Python and Django.
> The next instruction is to enter the command "django-admin.py
> startproject mysite".  When I do this, I get the following error:
>
> File "<stdin>", line 1
> django-admin.py startproject mysite
>                                        ^
>
> SyntaxError:  invalid syntax
>
> Does anybody know why I am getting this error?

You need to type that command at the console command prompt, not the
python prompt.

Cheers

Tom

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment