Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Re: Getting Started with Mac OS X

Hi,

I am using on Mac OS X Lion and its working pretty well.
Seems there is something wrong with your django installation, try reinstalling 

$ pip uninstall django
$ pip install django

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Praveen R

On Tuesday, 28 February 2012 06:06:21 UTC+5:30, JChlipala wrote:
Hello,

I am a Django beginner, and am trying to get Django set up in Mac OS
X.  I am going through the tutorial, but getting stuck very early
(essentially at the beginning).  I have installed Python and Django.
The next instruction is to enter the command "django-admin.py
startproject mysite".  When I do this, I get the following error:

File "<stdin>", line 1
django-admin.py startproject mysite
                                        ^

SyntaxError:  invalid syntax

Does anybody know why I am getting this error?  The tutorial has a
note for Mac OS X users explaining what to do if you get a "permission
denied" error, but that is obviously not what is happening to me.

Thank you for any help!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/39Bcwp2cUHgJ.
To post to this group, send email to django-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to django-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment